Mountain Pointe High School's official news source.

Voice of the Pride

Freshmen Prep

The Pride Varsity cheer squad gets the freshmen in the spirit for their first assembly.

Delanna Sesma

Camille Avila, Junior Executive Editor

On the last Thursday and Friday of July the annual Freshmen Prep was held for ninth graders to get comfortable with their new school.

The event is meant to get students to get a feel for High School, but for some kids it does not take different activities to pull them in. For incoming freshman Daniel Connor, it was the free food they got at lunch. For other students where food does not win their hearts, the stories and advice from their upperclassmen mentors can make them feel comfortable and right at home in their new environment.

“Being a mentor this year it’s been so organized. Now I feel like I have a connection with the kids instead of just talking at them it’s like we are talking to each other,” said Senior mentor, Jahnay Finklea.

Freshmen Prep involves two assemblies, multiple talks, team building activities, a tour and walk through of schedules, and with an added club rush this year. The goal of this event run by student council and the administration team is to have these students feeling confident enough to get through the first days of classes without being too confused or lost.