Mountain Pointe High School's official news source.

Voice of the Pride

College Fair Day

These+papers+were+given+out+during+College+Fair+day.+Students+are+currently+applying+to+the+universities+that+attended+the+event.+
These papers were given out during College Fair day. Students are currently applying to the universities that attended the event.

A.J. Trbovic

A.J. Trbovic

A.J. Trbovic, Staff Reporter

During College Fair Day, students were given the opportunity to see individual presentations from in-state Universities and community colleges. It was an enlightening opportunity for students to get new information about post-high school options or narrow down college choices.

“I am expecting to see the opportunities and colleges I can attend,” said Maya Lugo, a senior.

Many students have unique goals and aspirations, most of which regard further education or future career choices. Lugo was also asked about her plans and goals after high school.

“I plan on going to a community college. I’m leaning towards South Mountain Community College and maybe transferring to Northern Arizona University,” said Lugo.

Some students also suggested that the college fair day is not only a genius idea, but could serve as a deciding factor as far as where they choose to commit.

“I think it’s a good idea because it allows kids to see their options and ask questions,” said Rudy Nunez, a senior.

It seems College Fair Day will continue to be a success at Mountain Pointe. Students seem to love it, not only because they get to miss a few periods, but all in all, it’s a great chance for students to decide on a college and make a more confident choice for their future.