Mountain Pointe High School's official news source.

Voice of the Pride

National Scholarship Month

Isabella Mudryj, 10, is on Tempe Union’s website searching for different websites to find scholarships that she finds interesting. Tempeunion.org has over 15 different websites that students can look at to find scholarships.

Alivia Dixon

Alivia Dixon

Alivia Dixon, Staff Reporter

November is National Scholarship Month, and it can be a reminder to many students that scholarships are something to consider.

There are many ways that scholarships can help ease stress when it comes to money and college. Scholarships can be worth lots of money that will benefit you later on.  College can become very expensive and when college bound students apply for as many scholarships as possible, they can rest assured that their college financial problems will become less and less.

“Scholarships are important because they’re free money. The more you apply, the more you get,” said Erin Smith, junior guidance counselor.

Applying for scholarships isn’t just a piece of cake. There are many different requirements for different scholarships that applicants have to actually think about. They also require time to complete the projects that are normally associated with that scholarship. Smith believes that this is possibly the reason students choose not to apply for them.

“What I find is that students don’t want to take the time to start searching out for scholarships or apply for them. But the reason why they are good is because they’re free money and there’s no stipulations on how you need to use it,” said Smith.

Taking the time out of the day to apply for scholarships can help students out a lot in the long run. The  Tempe Union High School website even has scholarships that anyone can apply for.

“If you go to the district website, you’ll click on Student, after you do that you’ll click on College Preparation, then you’ll click on Scholarships. And that scholarship website is one of the most comprehensive in the country. They’re up to date, and they’ll tell you exactly what you need to apply for them. So that’s where I direct students to go,” said Smith.