Mountain Pointe High School's official news source.

Voice of the Pride

Pre-Show Preparations

Bella Mudryj
Dress rehearsals are not only the time to get decked out in full costume and run through the play, but it is also a time for bonding between all members of the production. "I'm excited for putting on a production with all of my friends," said Lindsey Hudak, 11. Applying makeup and doing hair is one of the many moments that these students get to work closely together.

Bella Mudryj, Managing Editor

Bella Mudryj
Throughout the week leading up to the production, members of the cast and crew are participating in their own spirit week. Friday, the premiere of Laughing Stock, will be Prom day, so students will be dressed in big gowns and suits.

Bella Mudryj
Before the actors and actresses go backstage to change and get ready to perform, they participate in various exercises. These games are designed to get the atmosphere energized and ready for showtime.

Bella Mudryj
Both the cast and crew have been hard at work preparing this production, but even so, they still found time to have fun outside of all the work. “My favorite moment during the show is when we turned on an early 2000’s playlist and had a dance party,” said Bella Alati, 10. As a warmup before practice, all the members of the show partake various dances with each other.

Bella Mudryj
Weeks of hard work and dedication are finally about to pay off. “Seeing the faces of the audience in awe of the show, that is my favorite part,” said Ethan Briant, 10. While the audience may have been empty during this performance, starting on Friday, the show will finally be open to the public.

Bella Mudryj
Dress rehearsals are not only the time to get decked out in full costume and run through the play, but it is also a time for bonding between all members of the production. “I’m excited for putting on a production with all of my friends,” said Lindsey Hudak, 11. Applying makeup and doing hair is one of the many moments that these students get to work closely together.

Bella Mudryj
Members of the cast prepare for their final dress rehearsal before opening night. The makeup applied is used to enhance the actors and actresses features in order to exaggerate their expressions for the audience.

Bella Mudryj
With only one day until showtime, both the cast and crew were busy fixing any last minute mistakes and making sure that tomorrow runs smoothly. “The hardest part about preparing is probably having running crew on point for the set change,” said Ja’len Jones, 10. Despite encountering an issue, both the crew and cast were able to fix it and make sure everything was in order for Friday.

Bella Mudryj
Members of the cast test out the white screen during rehearsal. “I love seeing just a few pages of text being transformed into a wonderful story in only a matter of a month,” said Ethan Briant, 10. While there was still a lot of work to be done to prepare, the cast was still able to have fun and enjoy themselves.

Bella Mudryj
The various backdrops and set pieces were made by the students in the crew. “I think the hardest part of the show is figuring out cues and finding the right rhythm of the show,” said Claudia Reynolds, 10. Not only did the crew members create the sets, but they are responsible for getting these large pieces on and off stage in a timely manner.

Bella Mudryj
Members of the crew and Mrs. Idler position the various lights used throughout the production. Jayla Alston, a sophomore member of the crew, stated, “I am excited for showtime magic, that moment when the show comes together, you take a step back and say, man, I made that!” Not only did the different colored lights create this effect, but so did the talent and hard work of the actors.

1 Comment

One Response to “Pre-Show Preparations”

1. Alivia Dixon on February 6th, 2017 12:53 pm

I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.